Chief UN IPCC scientist Jones admits no global warming since 1995. More here
This means the ‘warming period’ lasted only about 20 years from the late 70s to mid 90s.
New reports out that CO2 amplification is less than thought.
Conclusion – warming for this short period was mostly natural and not caused by man.
Can we have our money back now please.
Update on Phil Jones at WUWT; Quote from WUWT as follows;
- Neither the rate nor magnitude of recent warming is exceptional.
- There was no significant warming from 1998-2009. According to the IPCC we should have seen a global temperature increase of at least 0.2°C per decade.
- The IPCC models may have overestimated the climate sensitivity for greenhouse gases, underestimated natural variability, or both.
- This also suggests that there is a systematic upward bias in the impacts estimates based on these models just from this factor alone.
- The logic behind attribution of current warming to well-mixed man-made greenhouse gases is faulty.
- The science is not settled, however unsettling that might be.
- There is a tendency in the IPCC reports to leave out inconvenient findings, especially in the part(s) most likely to be read by policy makers.